Tuesday, April 14, 2009

So, funny story...

So I'm talking to Haley on the internet, and I'm describing my new "girlfriend" that was implicitly supposed to be that seal that has shown up in so many of my posts. 

Meanwhile, my uncle Mick sends me a message on Skype saying he's in my old stomping grounds in New York for the week. 

I try to hold conversations with both of them: 

With Mick, I start talking about the Twins, his trip, etc.

With Haley, I start describing the 'attributes' of my new lady:
  • She likes to swim
  • Thick, brown hair
  • Big eyes
  • Usually covered in an oily substance
  • Distinguished features
... etc.

My punchline was going to be sending a picture of Cindy Crawford in a bathing suit to Haley. I googled for the perfect one, and when I finally decided I cut-and-pasted the web address so that she could see it, and the joke would be over.

It turns out the joke was on me.

I had pasted the photo into my conversation with Mick instead. I waited a couple minutes in pained silence for a response. I tried to justify it to him, but there was no way to explain myself sending a bikini-clad model to my uncle from out of nowhere. 

Finally, Mick sent a reply: "I have no idea what that is". 

I tried to explain it a little further: 

DYLAN: i'm so sorry this is a ridiculous comedy of errors. this is why you never have two conversations at once, you end up sending a swimsuit-clad model picture to your uncle who is waiting for a business meeting! oh man, so much for multitasking. I am writing an explanation on my blog as we speak. I am doubled over in laughter. i'm sorry Mick that's beyond ridiculous that I sent that to you.

a moment passed. 

MICK: Gilleeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It turns out that someone else who Mick was meeting for business had taken his computer, and had mistaken me for a guy named Gill. 

MICK (or whoever he was meeting): Gilleeee did you send mike that naughty girlee picture!!!!

I signed off, in complete embarrassment. And we left it at that. 

I still feel gross. But I can't stop laughing about it.

The worst part was that Haley witnessed the whole thing on webcam, so now I'll never be able to live it down. 

Anyway, just thought I'd share.  

No comments:

Post a Comment